7/22/13

REVIEW : 3 Concept Eyes Blotting Powder

HEY GUYS! 
A little info here, for you guys who resides in Indonesia, Singapore, or any other South East Asian countries and even Australia - starting from 12th May 2014 "3CE" is available in luxola.com

They're also gonna be in their famous "flash sale" so look forward for that! :))

____________________________________________________________________________



Yellow! I'm back with a review for another 3CE product here : Blotting Powder! This is quite an impulse buy. That's the problem when all the products are spread in front of your eyes, you just felt yo need everything, when you obviously don't. You can check the product in Luxola.com, CLICK HERE to go to the product page



this product is called blotting powder - because it purpose is to blots oil during the day, for touch ups. My skin is oily - combination and I've always put on powder over my foundation, but recently during the summer my face gets easier and easier to get oily and disgusting during the hottest time of the day. Well i think this is no different than a pressed translucent powder.

I always use my banila co. finish powder, but now I need something stronger, something more solid. Now I just found a reason to buy this! So instead of touch ups, I've use this to set up my makeup, of course I carry this around too most of the time.

Retail for KRW 24.000 (link here). I bought it directly in the flagship store.


First, lets talk about the packaging. Come on guys, I praise 3CE for its packaging. And aside all the glorious outside packaging, I quite like the separator between the sponge and the product. It keeps the product a little bit more hygienic by keeping the dirty sponge for touching the product, again.

The packaging also support it's purpose for 'touch up' by providing a huge mirror! And again the separator also stops the product to dirt the mirror!

One thing disturbs me the most, is the white sponge that comes with it. Now if I see mine, it's dirty with all the foundations that smudges over to the sponge. Grah. so dirty, i think I'll replace mine with a cream / black one. And for touch ups, you don't want to bring that big powder brush, don't ya.



As for the product. I'm quite troubled here. I'm on the verge of like and dislike here. It's like it's ok, but not that ok? So here's the problems :

- This product doesn't keep my face oil-free long enough. I can't say my banila co. finish powder did a superb job either, but I expect better strength as it's a pressed product, but nope.

- See the swatch I did there? See how white it is? Translucent powders like this supposed to be somewhat 'invisible' to the skin, but I could feel how my face turns a super tad bit whiter. (But then again I use this for my friend that is much much darker than me, as long as you blends it's ok. Unless you only have a super short 'touch up' time, then you might want to check twice on your blending skill!)

But ofcourse the plus point is : this product is very practical and compact. Bring it everywhere and you're good! I'm still in a love-hate relationship with this product, and I think I'm going to try innisfree's no sebum powder, which I hate how small the product is.

Ok for the overall : Love - hate, quite expensive (duh). BUT! Stylenanda is an online store, which means you can't directly try the products (you could actually, by coming to Korea of course, and returning product is such a pain in the a*s) and if you want to purchase their pressed powder but you're not sure about the shades (they only have 2 shades, which is not really big in difference) try pick this one instead!

thankyou so much for reading! :D

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried innisfree no sebum mineral powder? If you have tried, which one is better?

    followed you - beautifyiu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I haven't tried them! I heard many good things about them, but I hateeee how small they are!! :( probably gonna get them if innisfree goes on sale again soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! Most of the translucent powders from Korea tend to turn my face ghostly white. Have you tried the Estee Lauder Translucent powder? I absolutely love it! I've tried many blot powders but I always go back to my EL one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try EL translucent powder! I've heard a lot of good things about it but EL is ridiculously expensive here :( I might have to return to my home country and then purchase one! thankyou for the recommendation tho! :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the review. I love their products, especially lipsticks. Do you want to follow each other on GFC?

    http//www.amismagicbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, Beauty and Lifestyle Hunter! I stumbled upon your blog post about the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush, and I couldn't resist leaving a comment. First of all, let me just say that your blog is a goldmine for beauty enthusiasts like myself. I love how you provide detailed reviews and share your personal experiences with different products. It really helps me make informed decisions before trying out new items. Kudos to you for your dedication and passion!
    Hoosier Hill Farm

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey